A certain manager at my office has introduced a number of new corporate buzzwords and my favourite at the moment is “The perception of you is…”.
Let’s analyse this a little:
- I’m not willing to tell you directly what I think of your performance
- I’m trying to soften the blow and make it seem less personal
- I’m trying to set goals for you without taking ownership of those goals
- I’m not willing to make this a two-way conversation where I am also a part of the success or failure in that perception
- I don’t want to make this a two-way conversation about your perception of me
Continue reading Corporate Buzzword: The perception of you is…